I love seafood! Shrimp, fish, lobster, squid(!)…you name it, if its seafood….I’m there! Now if it’s grilled, even BETTER!!
Here’s what y’all need to make these scrumptious Grilled Shrimp:
- 1/2 C of apricot preserves
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined and uncooked.
And here’s how to make it:
- Heat your grill to medium temperature.
- Place the preserves in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the canola oil and soy sauce.
- Fold the red pepper flakes into the mixture well.
- Thread the shrimp onto metal skewers. Coat them lightly with cooking spray to make it easier to get them off the skewers.
- Baste both sides of the shrimp well with the apricot mixture.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and do not cover.
- Grill 3 minutes, basting a couple of times.
- Turn and continue grilling and basting for an additional 3 minutes or until the shrimps turn pink.
- Makes about 6 servings
If grilling is just not possible, these shrimp can also be cooked under the broiler 4 inches from the heat source for about 3 minutes on each side. They will turn pink when done! Y’all can serve these over white rice. YUM!!
Hope you enjoy!